Auntie H

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Entertaining Story of the week

A few odd things happened to me this week, and I would love to share a story with the world (or the 2 people that actually read this).

The weekend was filled with the hustling and bustling of wedding activities, and the whole family was here. On Saturday morning my brother exclaimed he’d like to go to a JC thriftstore. Kind of an odd request for 8 in the morning, but we went! It was fun brother/sister bonding.

As I laid my $1.49 Taebo videos on the counter at the Goodwill, the lady behind the counter was uncharacteristically friendly and outgoing! She was joshing with a fellow employee and then making conversation with me as I handed her my money.

She joked about how busy it was, how I got a great deal on the videos and how she'd like to get her teeth back in…wait…what!?? Then the conversation proceeded as follows:

“Oh, well I’ve had pneumonia for the last three weeks and have yet to get rid of this horrible cough…” (she then hands me my change and I can’t help but wonder what microgerms are digging their way into the fabric of the dollar bills.)

“Anyway, every time I would cough, my teeth would just shoot out of my mouth! I couldn’t keep them in! So, I’ve had to resort to looking like a little old lady for a while! Oh well.” She graciously smiled, with her top lip folded in, and packed my items into a plastic bag.

“Have a great day honey!” she exclaimed, and we left with smiles and peculiar smirks on our faces.

3 Comments:

At 6/15/2007 07:37:00 AM, Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

As one of the two people that read this...may I saw congratulations on two posts in one month! Your dedicated following of readers thank you. :)

That story is hilarious. I can only imagine the impersonation you two could include in the out-loud version.

 
At 6/16/2007 10:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was as if you were telling me the story in person...:)

enjoy the peaches...and the pies...and the squash...and the onion...and the...

good times!!! have a great rest of the day...

jen

 
At 7/01/2007 07:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I guess Amber and I make 3 and 4. We are glad that you weren't hurt in that deer encounter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home