Auntie H

Thursday, November 09, 2006

My new home - It’s the small stuff

So I have finally settled into a new place and absolutely love it! Throughout the move and the adjustments I’ve found joy in the smallest things, like…

#1 - My belongings are no longer scattered throughout various places in the city (Storage unit, family’s houses, etc.)

#2 - The maintenance guys replaced all the switches and outlets and the 20-year grime that was stuck in the grooves is gone! What an improvement!

#3 - I live 1.85 miles from my work which means I don’t have to fill up my car with gas every 5 days! Hello savings! I can also come home at lunch and relax!

#4 - I locked myself out – twice – and the maintenance guys were there within 5 minutes to let me in. Even though embarrassed, I was happy. Remind me to get a latch lock for when I’m home alone.

#5 - The new décor in my living room and bedroom match the picture I had in my brain!

#6 - Firemen are very nice and help you put out dryer lint fires and prevent them. They even complimented me on the paint job I had done in the kitchen and living room as they were leaving. (There’s obviously more to the story…perhaps it will be a subsequent blog entry)

#7 - Ear plugs help drown the honking as trains come through every 20-30 minutes all night long. In just one year, there will be no more honking.

#8 - Going up and down two flights of steps is keeping me in shape!

#9 - I figured out the BEST way to nap on my new furniture on Sunday afternoons. I recline both parts of the couch, lay sideways, and put the remotes on the footrests in front of me!

#10 - I’ve only “misplaced” one needed item in my plethora of boxes during the move. The nice thing is, it was only $1.79 to buy a replacement!

That’s it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home